Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

2005 Polaris Sportsman 500ho. No power when I turn key to on

Customer Question

2005 Polaris Sportsman 500ho. No power when I turn key to on position. Good battery, start relay tests good. Ignition switch metered and appears to be good but not 100 % sure.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, post back with the colors of the wires to the ignition switch.Still, with the use of a volt/multi-meter, ensure that 1 wire color to the ignition switch has an always available +12. Once switched on, there should at least be two (2) wires that has now an IGN+12 (in addition to the wire with always available +12). Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.