Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a Kawasaki prairie 400 and it keeps jumping out of high

Customer Question

I have a Kawasaki prairie 400 and it keeps jumping out of high and low range but it will run great in reveres. I have took it apart and checked the gears and they all look good.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Reviewing the info on the fault here and doing some checking and research it looks like there were some issues with the shift gate for the shift lever that would become bent and cause this issue keeping the gears from shifting all the way in and causing it to come out like this here.If you have not inspected the shift linkage and gate this needs done to see if anything is found bent or damaged needing repaired or replaced.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete