kwiggins29059
kwiggins29059, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experience in Harley Davidson and Triumph
68360881

Ok top this up to one of the stupid things I have done in my

Customer Question

Ok top this up to one of the stupid things I have done in my life time. 2007 streetglide, new battery installed before winter last year. Been on trickle charger all winter. Now nice weather is here bike wouldn't start. I have one of those chargers that you can switch to boost to start and I fried the security module. Smell of fried electronics. Bought new module, new battery, new plugs. Bike starts and runs but has a bad miss. I have a new coil pack on order, but what else can I check in the mean time.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  kwiggins29059 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, check the wiring at the ecm for signs of burning or melting. When you get the new coil installed if you still have the bad missing issue I would suggest replacing the ECM. The high amperage from the boost charger can damage the internal controls. The part # ***** ***** and it lists for around $376.00. The new ECM will also have to programmed by a dealer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, but but had just requested a refund on this question due to the time lapse and I was able to answer my own question. Again sorry but the response time was too long. And yes is was the wiring at the ecm. Unfortunately I'm running the thundermax ecm and the cost was much higher.

Glad you got it going Ron.