Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

I'm installing a 2002 twincam on evo frame got everything working

Customer Question

I'm installing a 2002 twincam on evo frame got everything working but will not fire
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I would appreciate the opportunity to help with your question today.
start by telling me everything you HAVE checked and are sure of.
that way I don't waste your time telling you things you already know.
we can continue then.
Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been building custom after market Harley's for 10 years but I bought a kit to install 2002 twincam I have always built with evo motor and build my on wiring harness I'm using your stock or miss but I'm removing blinkers and the security system. I turn it over and I can see spark plug fire one time and stops firing after that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm using their stock wine harness but I'm doing away with blinkers and security system I can pull the plug out and see it fire one time and it shuts off it will how far after the first revolution
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I'm not making my self clear I got a 2002 twin cam with stock wiring harness. I have done away with blinkers and the motor is installed. I can turn it over with the plugs out and see it fire one time it will not fire after the first time
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
your ignition won't fire because it lost communication with the turn signal module.
you need to install the turn signal module and perform the "password ***** routine".
you don't have to connect the turn signals to the module, but you must install it with power and ground.
you can get the password ***** procedure on-line. just search it in your browser.
OR....aftermarket ignitions do not have that restriction. you can install a Daytona Twin Tech ignition with no turn signal module.
let me know if you need more help.
if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.
thank you,
Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way to by pass it. Because I have installed smooth tank no speedo. And the key switch is all I'm using
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
IF there were a way to bypass it, I would have told you.
none of this has anything to do with your tanks and speedo.
you can do one of 2 things:
- install turn signal module and perform password ***** routine.
- install aftermarket ignition module.
you WILL do one of those or your engine will never run.
your bike....your call.
let me know if you need more help.
if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.
thank you,
Steve
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you need more help.
if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.
thank you,
Steve
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you need more help.
if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.
thank you,
Steve