Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

Subject:2004 Fatboy Springer,.with thunder max computer. Problem:Bike

Customer Question

Subject:2004 Fatboy Springer,.with thunder max computer. Problem:Bike completly shuts down,mechanically and electricly.There is no warning and happens with and without lights.Bike has 6,000 miles and runs wonderfully. I checked for poor grounds and loose wires while bike is in idle with no results.I have taken bike back to shop that I brought it from last month and they are having difficulty finding the problem.The problem has occured five times in last 250 miles. The first time it happened was about one mile out on a cold engine so heat apparently isn't the issue.The bike starts back up as quick as you can turn switch off and back on.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be working with you today.
While checking wiring did you remove the dash and check the ignition switch itself? There isn't many places on your bike that will remove power from everything including lighting and this is one of them. The plastic plug that connects the three wires to it can come loose pretty easily if the retaining tab is weak.