Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Mate my 2000 r6 when it reaches 80 °c the bike will not

Customer Question

Hi mate my 2000 r6 when it reaches 80 °c the bike will not rev past 2000rpm when your stopped at traffic lights etc then try to take off any suggestions
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially (and if have not been tried), the preliminary approach would be; determine if it is electrically related. Inspect the battery & ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals as a preliminary consideration. Better yet, have the battery externally charged and then load tested (even if new and just for purposes of eliminating it as a suspect). Still, proposed secondary checks (again if have not been done) on the possibility of over/under voltage. With a volt/multi-meter, determine the battery voltage when:• ignition OFF and then when ON;• when starting the engine;• engine at idle;• when revving the engine. Repeat the above when the Yamaha has reached 80°C.Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.