Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I just bought a 2003 v-rod and it is missing very badly at

Customer Question

I just bought a 2003 v-rod and it is missing very badly at low rpm. At or above 4000 rpm it smooths out and performs like it should
Any ideas on whats going on?
Could it be a MAP sensor or a ECM update is needed, also what should I expect to pay for diagnosis and work performed?
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Local Mechanic Recommendations. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Looking into the info on the fault here for your model there are issues with debris in the fuel system or old fuel that can cause this here and this needs checked to see if either of these are the cause here as well as common faults with corroded or worn spark plugs causing low rpm misfires.If your check engine light has come on the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done the codes can then be diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.If you can post the fault code info here this will help.
Diagnosis can cost around $100 in some cases and the repair can vary all depending on what is at fault.If you need new fuel it may cost around $100 or less in labor and fuel and if you need spark plugs this may also be around $50 to $100 to have replaced.
I don't know your exact location as it isn't showing up here but if you can post your local area where you live I can send the requested info.
Thanks Pete
Thanks Pete