Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have 680 Honda efi atv . it loses its spark .sometimes it

Customer Question

I have 680 Honda efi atv . it loses its spark .sometimes it will start. then it wont.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially (and if have not been tried), the prescribed preliminary approach would be; inspect the battery & ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals as a preliminary consideration. Better yet, have the battery externally charged and then load tested (even if new and just for purposes of eliminating it as a suspect). Still, proposed secondary checks (if have not been done) when carefully attempting to start: • pulsating very low voltage from the CKP sensor's blue/yellow and green/white wires;• presence & consistency of IGN +12 on the black/yellow wire to the PCM and ignition coil from the engine STOP relay;• pulsating high voltage on the green/red wire from the PCM to the ignition coil;• presence & consistency of IGN +12 on the black/blue wire to the PCM and to the engine STOP switch. Please post back results / observations of the above once tried. Likewise, check the Bank Angle Sensor, the Engine STOP and Ignition switches.