Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2010 HD wide glide drawing 70mamps with the ignition

Customer Question

I have a 2010 HD wide glide drawing 70mamps with the ignition off. It is in the battery circuit.if I disconnect the speedometer it drops to about 20mamps.a second speedometer draws the same amount
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Inspect the speedometer wiring leading to the speedometer itself and see if any of the wiring is found shorted or damaged in any way.If an issue is found with the wiring itself the wiring will need repaired to correct this fault here.
If this is checked and all found o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete