P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

Need to know what the torque is on the 2012 harley davidson

Customer Question

Need to know what the torque is on the 2012 harley davidson trike tri glide ultra classic FTHTCUTG . On the six bolts to secure diaphragm spring retainer to clutch,
Thank you, ***** ***** the question is clear!
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be working with you today.
70 to 100 inch pounds or 6 to 8 foot pounds. Thats not much.
No thread locker and run them in a little at a time each so as not to load any single bolt heavily.
I hope this helps, thanks, P.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Applying 70 in lb will not release the pressure plate, I follow the instructing squeezing the clutch three times, still tight, I a did apply all proper adjustments, I backed all six bolts out to work, but I'm not going to start until i have proper torque!
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure I understand the issue.
The 6 bolts do not have anything to do with the clutch pressure plate releasing. The 6 bolts are solely to secure the diaphragm spring and pressure plate in place to the clutch basket. These 6 bolts are bottomed out and torqued to 70 inch/pounds.
If you're trying to adjust the clutch I can help you with that but it does not involve those 6 bolts. The clutch adjustment involves the center adjuster screw and locknut and cable adjuster only.
Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding and if I can be of further assistance.
Thanks, P.J.