Randy
Randy, Auto Specialist
Experience:  25 Years Experience Automotive Technology.
62741268

Jeff. What is the trick to removing the drive shaft off of

Customer Question

Jeff. What is the trick to removing the drive shaft off of front differential
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
The front driveshaft will have to be pushed toward the front diff because it is spring loaded. This will release it from the yoke at the engine side.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me make sure we are talking about same thingI move carrier bearing over and removed rear shaft going engine, now I am trying to remove the front portion of drive shaft where it goes into 4x4 transfer case. I thought it was just a spline gear just like the rear but it want budge. I have sprayed it with lubricant and let sit over night and even tapped on it with rubber mallet and it hasn't moved at all
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
okay, thank you. The front part that you are referring to has a circlip. Sometimes they get in a bid. if you bump it toward the diff then give it a good solid pry outward it should jump over.