Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Just bought a 2012 Honda foreman 500, and the guy I bought

Customer Question

just bought a 2012 Honda foreman 500, and the guy I bought it from said he had been riding it the day before for 4 hours and was going up a hill when it just stopped. I turned it on and put it in gear but it is like it is in neutral. It makes a little rattling sound when I push it, but it does not engage the motor. Looking in the gear box shows no wearing or breakage.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what is described here this sounds like linkage may have come free in the gear box or an internal mechanical component may have broke free or become damaged in the gear box causing this here.I suspect the gear box will need further internal inspection to locate the failed component(s) and then repaired from there.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete