Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Got a 90 cc Yamaha raptor quad, put it on charge

Customer Question

Got a 90 cc Yamaha raptor quad, put it on charge for 24hrs 2amp charger. when I came back it wouldn't turn over.
Have replaced the fuses,
I jumped the starter by running jumper wires from the battery quad turns over like that, however has no spark.
I have read the mechanics guide however the testing process for some of the switches is a little complicated.
I'm leaning towards a cdi problemn however would that cause the quad to not even send fire to the starter ?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, proposed preliminary checks (if have not been done) with a volt/multi-meter and/or tries:• always available +12 on all the red wires;• switched +12 onall the brown wires;• temporarily jump the red and brown wires of the main switch;• temporarily disconnect the black/white wire of the CDI.Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.