Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I have a 2005 Suzuki M50. I installed Cobra slash downs, a

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Suzuki M50. I installed Cobra slash downs, a FI200 Power pro fuel processor, and a K+N Hypercharger. It idles fine, but when I crack the throttle, it is slow to respond and sometimes chokes off. This also happens when I am down shifting into a corner.
The hypercharger required a tapping of a vacuum line in order to run the butterfly venturi, and I suspect this could be a vacuum (lack of due to the extra needed vacuum) issue.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  asphaltcycles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I would like to help you today. Lets get started by seeing what the symptoms are, and see if we can diagnose it together.
This is true. Its actually flooding the motor a bit by allowing the butterflies to stay shut for that quick little bit. Is there another vacuum line you can tap into that would still pull as strong? Maybe tap another one into the manifold. Then you would have to remap it again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shouldn't the Fuel Processor take care of the fuel delivery? It is suppose to do map the fuel "up to 80 times per second". There should be no issues with this whatsoever. I tapped the vacuum line as per the instructions, and it runs great above idle, but when it comes down in the RPM range is when I have the problem.
At first install, I purchased the fi2000 tri pot for $160 in attempt to be cheap, and in hindsight, because it effectively renders your EFI as a preset tune similar to a carb, that was most likely the issue. So I spent $450 on the PowerPro with the same results.
At the time, I did change to a more elaborate spark plug set up, could that be part of the issue?
This should be a stinking non issue!
I believe that suggestion is grasping at straws and will only lead to other issues.