Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

My evo is fuel injected and it has throwed a code it runs and

Customer Question

my evo is fuel injected and it has throwed a code it runs and coughs once in a while like it has water in the gas i,ve ran a couple tanks of gas threw it with some heet in it and it still dies once in a while and then starts right back up and runs fine. i have never expirenced this problem before this bike only has 26,000 miles on it i have another one at home in alaska that has over 100,000 miles on it, need any help i can get thanks Richard
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
knowing what code is set would determine the necessary corrective action.on that bike, the ONLY way to get the code is to connect the bike to a HD code reader lamp, or the HD scanalyzer.to do anything else before getting he code would be wasting money. that said, on that bike, the most common fuel injection failure is the engine temperature sensor in the front head (middle of rocker cover).this usually results in erratic idle and loss of fuel mileage. let me know if you need more help.if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.thank you,Steve
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you need more help.
if you do, please ask.
if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.
thank you and ride safe.
Steve