asphaltcycles
asphaltcycles, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  I operate a motorcycle dealership and CCS Ducati Race team.
66560565

I have a 1982 390 Ktm dirt bike I am restoring the piston I

Customer Question

I have a 1982 390 Ktm dirt bike I am restoring the piston I have is chiped in 3 places on the bottom skirts to the first ledge of the piston will this affect the performance of the engine the piston I have is marked on the dome of it 1+ 82.25 if this piston is no good can I get one I am having no luck locating one
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  asphaltcycles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I would like to help you today. Lets get started by seeing what the symptoms are, and see if we can diagnose it together.
Do not use that piston, I repeat, never use any damaged internal engine parts, especially a piston. Call Beverly Hills Ducati KTM, and ask for Christine. You need to replace that piston now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think I can get that piston from them because I can't find it on wiseco or ktm sites
If anyone can, they can. They are a new KTM dealer, and well connected into the industry. If there is anyone at the OEM that can source it, they can.