Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

My sons DRZ 125 has inconsistant spark at the spark plug. I

Customer Question

My sons DRZ 125 has inconsistant spark at the spark plug. I have tested on the lead an it stays the same. How do I test further down the line to the coil and magnito
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, a review / proposed preliminary checks with the use of a multi-meter (if have not been tried): • Engine STOP Switch is engaging correctly;• with engine cranking or running;- pulsating low voltage between the green/black and the black/yellow wires from the pickup coil to the CDI;- pulsating high voltage between the black and the black/red wires from the stator exciter (capacitor) coil to the CDI;- pulsating voltage between the black/blue and the black/white wires from the CDI to the ignition coil;- black/yellow and black/white wires are tied to the engine ground.Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.