Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Why my ATv honda Trx foreman(###) ###-####runs only with headlights

Customer Question

Why my ATv honda Trx foreman(###) ###-####runs only with headlights on if I turn off the lights it dies it can't get 4 by 4 it get ran out of batterie
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, proposed preliminary checks (if have not been tried) for an under/over voltage condition. With a volt/multi-meter, determine the battery voltage when:• ignition OFF and then when ON;• when starting the engine;• engine at idle;• when revving the engine. Equally important, ensure that all green wires and ground lines have a very good connection to the engine and frame ground as well as to the battery's - terminal.Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.All other tests would involve checking the wiring, connector and internal contacts of the Lighting/Starter/Engine Stop Switch.