P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

My 2014 Ultra Glide battery died over the winter. I used a

Customer Question

My 2014 Ultra Glide battery died over the winter. I used a battery charger to try to start it and had the engine close to starting but the charger ran out of juice. I attached a HD battery charging kit to the battery over night and came back the next day and the battery is powered up but when I try to start it there is nothing happening except the security lights flash like crazy.
Any thoughts?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be working with you today.
It sounds to me as though you have two problems. A dead battery (which you may have fixed) and a security system that isn't disarming.
First the battery. It takes about 72 hours for a trickle charger to help a dead battery so be patient with that.
Next, the most common reason a security system doesn't disarm is a weak or dead fob battery. I would change it or try your other fob. The battery is a 2032 model and gets installed positive side down. It has to be at least 3 volts to communicate.
I hope this helps. Thanks, P.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not a mechanic but I thought about that last night. I will give it a shot tonight. Can I contact you tomorrow if that doesn't work?
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.
Yep, keep me posted. P.J.