P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

Andre, I have a 2006 v rod and the signal canceller got

Customer Question

Hi Andre, I have a 2006 v rod and the signal canceller got nicked so I have to replace it. The part number in the catalog is 68920-01D. I can find all kinds of modules on ebay but not a 01D (loads of 01C). Can you tell me what the difference is between these two? Also, is there another part no. that would do the job? Cheers
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** hasn't been active on the website in quite a long time so I'm going to try to help you out. Please let me know if you'd rather try to wait for an answer from him and I can opt out of the question and open it back up so that he can see it if he logs in.
It is very hard to know what the difference is in the revision C or D module. It is probably impossible to find out as that would be internal information to the manufacturer only. It could be a simple as the plastic type or even labeling. The later revisions are always "backward compatible" which just means they will interchange with all other revisions.
The bot***** *****ne is that either revision will work for your bike. They are both "Z" axis modules, the important part, which is what your bike needs. This just indicates the mounting orientation so that the tip sensor works properly and doesn't shut your bike down when it shouldn't.
There are no other part numbers that will work in its place. Again, any revision, A through D, of that same part number will work for you.
The microfiche I looked at, which probably hasn't been updated since 2006, actually shows your bike calling for the C revision module.
I hope all this makes sense and answers your question. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Thanks, P.J.