Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Just picked up an 80's trailboss 250***** It ran

Customer Question

Just picked up an 80's trailboss 250***** It ran for a day and quit. The previous owner had put some mixed gas in the tank to start it for us and the oil injector was full still. I figured it would foul a plug but we ran it anyway, I always replace a plug pretty soon after getting a new toy. But now no start. Tried a new plug,no spark. Do coils go bad that easy on these machines?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, proposed preliminary checks (if have not been tried):• ensure kill wire is not grounded;• and when attempting to start:- verify low pulsating voltage from the pickup coil;- and high pulsating voltage from the capacitor charging coil;- pulsating voltage from the CDI to the ignition coil. Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.