Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

125 D TAOTAO: Need help with Chinese ATV. TAOTAO 125D (110cc).

Customer Question

Need help with Chinese ATV. TAOTAO 125D (110cc). No power to starter, lights, or ignition. Brake Light works.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found Crack in Fuse. Replaced, and still no voltage. Also found White Molex 2-pin plug back by the CDI unit. Does not have a jumper or another Molex Plug to go into. Tried jumping it. Did not work.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, proposed preliminary test with the use of a volt/multi-meter; check for the presence and consistency of the IGN+12 on all the black wires (if have not been done). Of particular interests would be on splices and/or connectors/pins.Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Louie,
Thank You for your response. After pulling the body off, I found a connector close to the seat partially unplugged. The starter works and I have spark now. The spark is weak though. Right now, it back-fires trying to start. I put a jumper on the back-safety switch plug also.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the update.
However, even with weak spark, it should fire/run.
Still, proposed secondary tries (if have not been done):
• drain and replace all the old fuel;
• preferably pull down the carb and clean thoroughly particularly the jets, ports and pinholes; or
• carefully loosen and remove the drain screw to allow spraying carb cleaner into the carb's drain hole;
• open the air box and remove air filter/element to do the same and allow spraying the card through the air intake with carb cleaner.
Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.