Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

I am riding a 2006 Touring Classic that has had chip tuned

Customer Question

i am riding a 2006 Touring Classic that has had chip tuned to Screamin Eagle parameters. It had Screamin Eagle exhaust on it it was traded in and the exhaust were traded for a cheap exhaust. I am looking to replace the muffler now with another set of Screamin Eagle mufflers and my question is, will part numbers, 64900112 , 64900111 fit on the year bike I ride.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
those mufflers are not for your bike.HD does not offer SE mufflers for your bike.my best recommendation would be D&D slip-on or Thundercone slip-on mufflers.there are other aftermarket slip-on mufflers, but these two are my best recommendation. let me know if you would like other recommendations.let me know if you need more help.if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.thank you,Steve
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Question really wasn't answered. I know everything in your answer but was asking about a possible switch out with those part numbers. Switch outs are done all the time as i have taken a 2006 Electra Glide Classic and to look at it or to ride it You would guess it to be an Ultra Classic. Also another instance is the chip has been programmed with the Screamin Eagle parameters. My question was perhaps a bit too specific and would require someone from a shop where upgrades and switch outs are a bit more common. Thank You very much for your time. I will however pay you for your time as I feel a mans time to be a valuable asset.
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
I did answer your question in the first line of my answer.you can read it, above, if you like or, I can reprint it here: those mufflers are not for your bike. I realize people switch things around with Harley's. I have been doing it myself for 30 years and if they were a bolt-on swap for your bike, I would have suggested it. they are not. Harley made changes in 2007 that prevent using later parts on earlier bikes, or earlier parts on later bikes. let me know if you need more help.if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.thank you,Steve
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
let me know if you need more help.
if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.
thank you,
Steve
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
let me know if you need more help.
if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.
thank you,
Steve