Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

I bought my dad a 2001 buell blast and it has an oil line running

Customer Question

I bought my dad a 2001 buell blast and it has an oil line running down from the oil tank to a T fitting that splits off to another T fitting and then was middle piece of the T pointed into the carb and the other end went into another short hose and was slid onto an allen bolt. Of course oil spitting out every where. Can you tell me where it's suppose to actually go?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Wayne S. replied 2 years ago.
Your Buell has it's oil supply in the top frame tube.The "T" should be the oil feed to the oil pump andalso a drain line for draining the oil. This drain tube is pluggedduring normal running. The feed tube feeds oil to theoil pump and should be connected to the rear of the oilpump. These do not need to go to the carb at all.The lines higher up on the oil tank are the oil returnline and the vent line. Oil return is the left one.The vent line is an air vent and can be routed anywhere.Sometimes these go into the air filter box or to a smallfilter to keep the air clean going to the tank vent.Make sure you have oil feed, oil return and air vent.The other line is a oil drain on a "T" with the oil feed line.Plug the drain unless changing oil.Clear as dirty oil eh?