Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

My 1999 grizzly 600 had a wire catch fire so I replaced the

Customer Question

My 1999 grizzly 600 had a wire catch fire so I replaced the whole wire
Harness now when I push the start button nothing happens
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially and if have not been tried; inspect the battery & ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals as a preliminary consideration. Better yet, have the battery externally charged and then load tested (even if just for purposes of eliminating it as a suspect). Still, proposed checks would be on:presence of always available +12 on 1 of the big terminals of the starter solenoid/relay;IGN +12 on 1 of the smaller wires of the starter solenoid/relay and switchable on the other;in some versions, a main fuse co-located with the starter relay.Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All was done good battery wires were good
Still no ignition
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Please confirm that with "...All was done...", there is IGN +12 on the smaller wires of the starter solenoid/relay? ...and always available +12 on the ignition switch? And IGN+12 on the other wires when the ignition switch is turned on?