32dmadden, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  15 years of motorcycle experience service manager for Ft. Walton Yamaha 1978-1988 Auto shop owner

I just put ape hangers on my 2011 sportster 48. This included

I just put ape hangers on my 2011 sportster 48. This included new cables. I put the new clutch cable on and now it is having trouble going into gear. Please help!!!!!!
Sounds like an adjustment is needed. There should be some free play. Take a quarter and put it between the clutch lever and its bracket. Any more free play and it won't disengage the clutch enough. Let me know if you need more help
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Should this fix problem? Because I had to loosen tensioner in primary to get cable out.
Did you readjust what you backed off? If not you need to readjust. That is what is giving you the different feel.