Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

How to replace a battery in 2009 can am spyder with saddle

How to replace a battery in 2009 can am spyder with saddlebags?

Hello welcome to Just Answer, I am Jeff and I will be helping you with your Question

this is a rs correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. This is a rs. The saddlebags were on it when I bought it and they are what I need to know how to get off. I have a book with the bike to show me how to remove the skins.

the bags i assume are made by Corbin. the four bolts on the inside of the left hand bag need to be removed. then the bag will come off. the upper rear mounting rod will need to come off as it is in the pace where the blinker use to be. after that mount is removed the side panel will remove by removing the three torks bolts in front and the three torks bolts in the rear on the bottom of that panel.

let me know if you need any more info

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are can am bags, not corbin. I think I can remove the bag by using a key and there is a special tool that came with the bike. Don't know how to remove the rear mount.

yes the triangle tool is what they use. i have use a large screw/ pry bar tip to remove those fasteners when the customer does not have that tool.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are seven screws inside the saddlebag. Do I have to remove them in order to remove the rear mount?

Using the key didn't seem to have an effect one way or the other. Just allowed me to open the saddlebag. Is the middle screw to keep you from using the big red button?

Do I have to remove them in order to remove the rear mount? if i remember correctly just the triangle bolt is all that is needed to remove the bag. it has been so long since i have worked on a rt with those bags on i forget the steps to remove it. can you get me a pic of that bag system to jar my memory.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Found out I will have to take the splash guard off and remove the turning signal mount and then I can get into the battery. I don't have a rt . I have an rs. Thanks for your help.

sorry i meant an rs

the slash guard under the side panel is that what you are referring to?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Job is done. Got great information from Spydertalk for free. Thanks for trying though.

we just received our new ST and it has the bags on it all you need is the key to remove the can am bags.