Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

2009 Honda: Aero..meter fuse blows intermittently...issue since driven

Customer Question

2009 Honda Shadow Aero VT750. The meter fuse blows intermittently. The motorcycle has zero modifications, and has had the issue since driven off the showroom floor. Using an ohm meter, out of the fuse box, the brown wire with green tracer (meter fuse) shows ground. I have the headlight out and ALL the connectors behind it unplugged. Still grounded. I do not know how to remove the warning lights that are installed into the triple tree......and I don't want to break the connectors or the lights.
Help!
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Jeff Policky replied 4 years ago.

a ohm meter will show a connotion to ground as long as their still a completed circuit to the ground side of the battery through the load like the meter lights. a voltage drop test is best to find shorts. the intermittent blowing of the fuse is most likely a over loaded circuit rater than a short to ground. does the fuse blow like the one on the right or on the left?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is a short to ground. I am familiar with how to find shorts. My real issue is taking the meter lights out, without breaking them. If you cannot supply that info, then I will go buy the manual.
Thanks!
ok i will get that info for you.

the lens covers #2,3 and 4 need to be pried up as they hold the rubber sockets #5 in place with a barbed end on the plastic lens cover. spray silicone will help in removing the plastic lens from the rubber socket

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here