Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

Harley dyna..my igintion and the and the hazard lights keep flashing

2008 Harley Dyna superglide. Just put the battery in after having it stored all winter. I turn on my igintion and the and the hazard lights keep flashing. I have power just wont ingnite
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

Welcome. Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

when you remove the battery from your bike, equipped with a HD factory security system, it causes the security system to assume the battery cables were removed to facilitate theft of your motorcycle.

the system must now be reset by a HD dealership with their laptop.

you will have to show proof of ownership before they will reset the system.

in the future, never remove your battery for any longer than that required to replace it, as necessary.

you can purchase a BATTERY TENDER with a pigtail to install on the battery terminals ans a quick connect fitting to attach it to a battery maintenance charger you plug into a wall outlet. it will keep your battery in shape all winter without removing it from the bike.

Steve

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Anything I can do to get it started?
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.

yes there is.

take it to the Harley dealer as soon as possible. the longer you wait the longer it will be until you can ride.

Steve