GIXXERJIM
GIXXERJIM, Technician
Experience:  SPORTBIKES!HONDA,YAMAHA & SUZUKI CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN.DECADES EXPERIENCE WITH ALL METRIC CRUISERS,ATVS & SIDE BY SIDES
63691573

i have a 1975 yamaha enduro dt 250 pulled out all the wire harness dont want battery, ligh

Customer Question

i have a 1975 yamaha enduro dt 250 pulled out all the wire harness dont want battery, lights ect. have four wires coming out of magneto where do i go from there an what do i need just want on off toggle switch
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Christopher replied 2 years ago.

christopher :

Hello how are you

christopher :

Full Size Image

christopher :

There is the wiring diagram for your bike

Customer :

already have that did u read my question

christopher :

Nowhere in your question do you mention this

christopher :

So at this point you have only the wires coming out of the engine

Customer :

yes

christopher :

One moment

christopher :

Can i ask why you ripped the harness out, this project would be much easier with it

Customer :

no title for it making it a flat track bike

christopher :

You have to follow the wiring diagram and hool everthing back up but the with the exception of the lights etc. It should have spark with out the battery

christopher :

Sorry, hook everthing back up

christopher :

I could draw you a new diagram but it will be the same as the one i posted earlier without the lights

christopher :

and battery

christopher :

If its going to be a track bike i wouldnt even bother with the toggle switch

Customer :

how would u do it

christopher :

How would i wire it or shut it off?

Customer :

both

christopher :

As far as the wiring goes i would start at the magneto and wire from there. To shut the bike down i would just dump the clutch in 2nd or 3rd gear

Customer :

ok thanks but i still need to figure out how to do that with out the harness

christopher :

I'll opt out to allow another expert to assist you. Do not respond back because it will lock me back into the question

Expert:  GIXXERJIM replied 2 years ago.
hi.thanks for using justanswer.com!
did you have spark when you ran the black/white wire to the coil?
you need to keep the black/white wire coming from the magneto connected to the ignition coil.run another wire from the same coil terminal to one terminal of a toggle switch.run another wire from a good engine ground to the other toggle switch terminal.the toggle switch will have to be open for the bike to run.as an alternative you can use your original kill switch or a kill button.just do a search for waterproof-kill-button.let me know if i can help further.