Doug E.
Doug E., Kawasaki Master Technician
Experience:  Professional motorcycle mechanic since 1978. Vintage motorcycle restorer.
7400257

Kawasaki Mule, 3010 4X4, No power to fuel pump, but have power

Kawasaki Mule, 3010 4X4, No power to fuel pump, but have power on the fuel relay. Where else could problem be?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Doug E. replied 2 years ago.

Kawasaki Doug :

Hello

Kawasaki Doug :

The relay is triggered from a signal coming out of the igniter.

Kawasaki Doug :

Full Size Image

Kawasaki Doug :

Fuel pump power comes into the relay from the ignition switch and the igniter operates the relay.

Kawasaki Doug :

Verify that you have power coming in on the bk/w wire. When you crank the motor, power should exit on the bk/bl to the fuel pump. If you have 12 volt power coming in and you have a new relay, then you will have to check the wire from the igniter. Also check to make sure you have spark at the plugs.

Kawasaki Doug :

Full Size Image

Kawasaki Doug :

That is the relay test information.

Kawasaki Doug :

The signal from the igniter also goes to the #1 coil. Check for spark on that plug to make sure the coil isn't bad.

Kawasaki Doug :

Let me know what you find.

Customer:

Hi Doug,

Customer:

Have power coming in on the bk/w wire, but no power going out on bk/bl wire when cranking

Customer:

I have not replaced the fuel relay

Customer:

Only checked it to make sure I had two hot and one gound

Kawasaki Doug :

Check for a pulse signal on the wire from the igniter and do the relay tests. Either the relay is bad or it's an ignition problem.

Customer:

I have pulse signal on the igniter wire and spark to #1 plug

Kawasaki Doug :

That's good. The problem should be in the relay then. If you have an ohm meter, check the relay. That should be the faulty part.

Customer:

ok Thanks. Don't have an ohm meter. I'll order the relay and see if that takes care of it

Kawasaki Doug :

Let me know if you need more help.

Customer:

will do. Thanks

Kawasaki Doug :

Goodnight

Doug E., Kawasaki Master Technician
Experience: Professional motorcycle mechanic since 1978. Vintage motorcycle restorer.