Richard, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Mechanic & Technician
41497032

Valve ajustment for HD 2001 sportster 1200 custom / how to do it

valve ajustment for HD 2001 sportster 1200 custom / how to do it

RACE TECH :

How are you ?

RACE TECH :

Those are hydraulic lifters. There is no valve adjustment procedure and no way to adjust valbes. If you are hearing a ticking noise or any valve train noise, the engine will need to be inspected.

RACE TECH :

I hope you have found my answer helpful. If I have helped you,please click accept. Clicking accept is the only way I am paid. Thanks & Goodluck RaceTech :)

You may be wondering how to reach me in the future, if you have another question. You can achieve this by requesting me to answer your question or in your new question, put FOR RACETECH.
Even though you click accept now, you can still follow up on your question at no additional charge. Thanks again.

Customer:

thank you for the help. the trouble i have is that the motor is back firing when choke is pushed in. Wont idle in that position

RACE TECH :

READING

RACE TECH :

Has the bike sat for quite sometime without being ridden ? Lets say 3 or more weeks and this is when this happen ?

Customer:

yes changed gas checked plugs drained carb

RACE TECH :

Thats not going to do it. Your going to have to remove the carburetor, fuel tank and clean the entire fuel system the correct way. Varnish will not drain from the carburetor. A carburetor kit would be recommended if your not familiar in cleaning carburetors.

RACE TECH :

Customer:

ok thanks alot for the help taking it apart now

RACE TECH :

surething

RACE TECH :

Please click accept if you have been helped. Thanks again