Richard, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Mechanic & Technician
41497032

How do i replace the clutch on a trx250ex

how do i replace the clutch on a trx250ex
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

RACE TECH : How are you. Gathering info for you. Be about 2
Customer:

doing good

RACE TECH :

Reading

RACE TECH :

Sorry system had a bug in it there for aminute

RACE TECH :

Let me get this together for you. Be about 10 minutes or so. Will that be ok ?

Customer:

i'm still here

RACE TECH :

OK, looking up the info now.

RACE TECH :

Yea, be jsut a few here while I gather diagrams. Have you done anything yet ?

RACE TECH :

Which clutch you changing out ?

Customer:

took all apart but can not get syn clutch off to get to clutch pack

RACE TECH :

OK great, further than what I thought.

RACE TECH :

have you removed the clutch springs yet ?

RACE TECH :

First remove the 4 clutch springs from the clutch.

Customer:

will need diagram to put shifting mech back togather

Customer:

i removed them already

RACE TECH :

lets get it removed first. Note where all pieces go before you just take stuff apart.

RACE TECH :

Now you see the nut in center of the clutch, have you removed it ?

Customer:

done that

RACE TECH :

OK now just pull the entire basket off of the shaft. Then note each friction and steel plate location as you remove them.

Customer:

can not pull off shaft syn clutch is in the way

RACE TECH :

The ffront of the clutch, the clutch disc and basket all come off in an assembly

RACE TECH :

Oh the centrifugal clutch is in the way, correct. You havent removed it yet ?

RACE TECH :

Undo the center nut holding it on .

Customer:

no can't get centrifugal off this is the problem

RACE TECH :

have you removed the center nut yet ?

Customer:

yes

RACE TECH :

Now just remove the entire hub from the shaft.

Customer:

their is no nut on centrifugal clutch

RACE TECH :

There is a nut in the middle of it

Customer:

no

RACE TECH :

I will psot a picture and show you the nut

RACE TECH :

OK I drawed the picture for you

RACE TECH :

Full Size Image

RACE TECH :

Click on image then click again to zoom in

Customer:

there is a nut on the clutch pack but not on the centrifugal clutch

RACE TECH :

Yes there is a nut

RACE TECH :

I will even tell you the part number.

RACE TECH :

18mm nut part number 90235-HB3-000

RACE TECH :

I hope you have found my answer helpful. If I have helped you,please click accept. Clicking accept if the only way I am paid. Thanks & Goodluck RaceTech :)

You may be wondering how to reach me in the future, if you may have another question. You can achieve this by requesting me to answer your question or in your question, put FOR RACETECH.

RACE TECH :

Did you see my diagram yet of the nut location ?

RACE TECH :

18 mm nut in center of clutch. Part # XXXXX

RACE TECH :

You must have found that 18mm but inside of that clutch.

RACE TECH :

Hello ?

RACE TECH :

Well I have to log out for the evening. I will wait just a few more minutes and I willl return later.

Customer:

yes found net it was under cap that was stuck a gasket

Richard, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience: Senior Mechanic & Technician