Richard, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Mechanic & Technician
41497032

1987 honda: fuel pump went on and of course..salvage yard..one wire

we have 1987 honda shadow that fuel pump went on and of course the pump has been discontinued a salvage yard sent us a fuel pump from a honda helix scooter 2004 250 and the wiring is a little different can we still use this pump or do you know of a compatiable pummp we question one wire on the helix where we have a blackandyellow striped wire the helix has a yellow and white striped wire
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

RACE TECH :

How are you ?

RACE TECH :

What color wires are on the honda vt pump and what color wires is on the helix pump ?

RACE TECH :

it should work if you get the wiring diagram for both bike so you can figure out which wire is hot and which is ground

RACE TECH :

I hope you have found my answer helpful. If I have helped you,please click accept. Clicking accept if the only way I am paid. Thanks & Goodluck RaceTech :)

You may be wondering how to reach me in the future, if you may have another question. You can achieve this by requesting me to answer your question or in your question, put FOR RACETECH.

Customer:

wires on the honda shadow are black green blue and black with white stripe wires on helix are black blue green and white with yellow stripe

Customer:

bike has been garage kept and fuel pump is theonly thing wrong with so i want to make sure the helix pump will work and i can't send it back if i try it and something happens to it

RACE TECH :

Reading

RACE TECH :

Im sure those arent solid color wires there. Please list colors and stripes with commas

Customer:

solid black solid green solid blue and a black wire with white stripe on hoda shadow

Customer:

solid black ,solid green ,solid blue and a solid white with yellow stripe wire

RACE TECH :

Reaplce the solid white w/ yellow with the black wire on honda shadow. Loooks like they just used different wire

Customer:

one wire is solid black , one wire is solid green one is solid blue and the last wire is black with white stripeon the shadow

Customer:

on the helix one wire is solid black one isdolid green andone wire has is black with yellow stripe and the last wire is solid white with a green stripe i got this one mixed up with another fuel pump that was sent to us I"ve been dealing with for six months and the helix is my last hope

RACE TECH :

reading

Customer:

question would the white with green stripe tale place of the blue wire

RACE TECH :

There is no way of knowing this. This is 2 different parts and I do not recommend using the other pump, one wire backwards and you could fry the entire bike and casue more problems. How many salvage yards have you called ?

RACE TECH :

Call barrow cycles winder georgia.

Customer:

okay that's what my husband wanted to make sure of is there any pump you know of we could use because the bike doesn't run with out fuel pump

RACE TECH :

Barrow Cycle Works
1345 Highway 124
Hoschton, GA 30548 USA
(770)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>
(770)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>

RACE TECH :

Just that bike is the only pump. There is universal pumps across the internet, I recommend you wait on a used or someone to post a new pump.

RACE TECH :

There is another company called dusty moto

RACE TECH :

he has developed a program where gets as many dealers as he can and find oem parts sitting on shlves at other locations to get rid of inventory.

RACE TECH :

dustymoto.com

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

thank youokay waiting on printer to get address will accept your answer