Richard, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Mechanic & Technician

A 2002 LT-A400/F was running fine shut it..start back..start engine

I have a 2002 LT-A400/F was running fine shut it off. went to start back up no start engine rolls over good but no spark. Where should I look first?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

How are you ?

Your first need to check your primary and secondary windings resistance of the igntion coil, check your sparkplug cap and igntion coil wire for cracks or damage, trim back 1/4 inch or so of wire at the igntion coil wire and sparkplug cap- the cap screws off counterclockwise, then check your stator resistnce test, which is your pulse coil, check your ignition switch and run/kill switch.

Also check your battery voltage for me. Key off. Key on. While cranking the engine over for 15 seconds.

I also want to make sure you are groundinghte sparkplug with a known good plug while checking for visual spark.

I hope you have found my answer helpful. If I have helped you,please click accept. Clicking accept if the only way I am paid. Thanks & Goodluck RaceTech :)

You may be wondering how to reach me in the future, if you may have another question. You can achieve this by requesting me to answer your question or in your question, put FOR RACETECH.