Christopher
Christopher, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  20 yrs. experience as motorcycle, dirt bike, ATV, UTV and watercraft technician.
5111025

Honda: turn signals on but wont blink and the rear do not come..blown

my honda valkyrie has fromt turn signals on but wont blink and the rear do not come on. The fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse. the rear blinker lights had come unplugged. I plugged those in . the front blinker lights go off when I turn my turn signal on and no rear lights . Tail light and brake light work fine.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Christopher replied 5 years ago.

christopher :

Hello how are you

christopher :

Any mods, i.e. lightbar, aftermarket turn signals

Customer:

yes both front llightbar and rear blinker llights in beetle bag.

christopher :

When the lights did work, did they blink at a normal pace

Customer:

yes.. I took a long road trip this last weekend and everything worked great. After I unpacked bike I noticed blinkers not working. First I checked the fuse it was blown. I replaced it then checked my back lights. Both wires in both lights were pulled from the lights they are round plugin kind. I put those back in. nothing . The front blinker lights come on with running lights but go out when I swithch the turn signal on . The rear lights do not come on at all but they may have only come on with blinker Im not surel.

christopher :

How did the rear become unplugged? Straps?

Customer:

Probably over stuffed beetle bags. wires are exposed in bag. They may have come unplugged on trip home not sure

Customer:

The fuse has not blown again yet. Maybe I ruined the light bulbs?

christopher :

If you found the fuse blown and after replacing, it does not work and the lights do not blink, you have a fried flasher. OR grounded wires, but that would blow the fuse again

christopher :

Check the bulbs first but if they are not on they will not blow

Customer:

A fried flasher is that the front flashing lights

Customer:

Replacing both front flashing lights would fix a fried flasher?

christopher :

The relay for all the signals is called a flasher. It is a small black box, i believe under the seat on your model

Customer:

Ok I'll look for that does it remove like a fuse

christopher :

It just unplugs, give me a moment to find a pic for you

christopher :

It is part number 11, it is either under the seat or the left side cover, try the cover first

christopher :

Please remember to click on the accept button at the end of this chat. It is the only way i am compensated for my time...Thanks

Customer:

thanks Christopher. You've been great help.