Richard, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Mechanic & Technician

Blink..goldwing..all fuses ar god,may it be the remote controll that

Customer Question

hawe no brake ligth and signalhorn and blink signal on my goldwing 1800 2002 mod.
wear can i find the problem,all fuses ar god,may it be the remote controll that are
the problem?? please help my.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

RACE TECH :

How are you ?

RACE TECH :

Is there any aftermarket parts added to the bike ?

RACE TECH :

Your horn and turn siganl circuit are on the same circuit. Will you replace that fuse which is fuse # XXXXX and let me know the results. I have found that 995 of the time, fuses are eyeballed and not tested with a meter. Event he fuse could have corrosion on it.

RACE TECH :

Other possible cause is the horn/turn signal relay is faulty or there is a short circuit in the harness. Replace the relay with another and let me know if it cures the problem or test the relay.

RACE TECH :

If I have hlped you, please click accept. Clicking accept, is the onkly way I am paid and compensated for my time. Thanks & Goodluck :) RaceTech

RACE TECH :

Here is a diagram for a 4 terminal relay check

RACE TECH :

Full Size Image

Customer:

Hawe tryed to replaced the relay with another and thre problem are the same.

Customer:

Tryed to replace the relay with another the problem are the same.

Customer:

Hawe tryed to replase the relay with another relay, and fuses hawe i

Customer:

tested all ok. no after marked parts installed, all clean:-)

Customer:

bike. Blink and horn workes when im using the remote controll can it be the contollbox for the alarm??

RACE TECH :

Hello

RACE TECH :

Now you can click accept

RACE TECH :

IN that case you may want to check the handle bar switch for the horn and turn signal.

Customer:

Hello

Customer:

messured the wiering from handelbar to the konektors and they ar all ok, no faulty in the wiring

Customer:

Blink and horn workes when im using the remote controll can it be the contollbox for the alarm??

Richard, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience: Senior Mechanic & Technician
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It wouldnt sound like it would be the control box for the alarm. Do you have power at the relay ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hey, it turns out to be the fuse,still the fuse was not broken:-/. replaced all fuses on the bike. all whell nowUndecided
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Great !!! My first comment was to replace the fuse anyway.

Glad I could help

Richard, Motorcycle Mechanic
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Please fix the feedback left for me. I see you stated I didnt help you. Please correct that.