Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004

Front brake pads on my 1993 fxr, the front end has a rattle..lever

after replaceing front brake pads on my 1993 fxr, the front end has a rattle in it while rideing or at a idle. if i grab the calipar with my hand it wiil stop the noise. or if i apply a very small amount of pressure on the front brake lever,the rattle will stop.everything is put together the rite way ,but i did not buy a new clip.can the clip be bad and causeing everything to be loose and cause the rattle THANK YOU.

Welcome. Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

the clip should be replaced at every pad change.

ensure the inboard pad is firmly attached to the bracket with the screw provided.

after replacing the pads, squeeze the brake lever until you get good pressure then give it a good gorilla squeeze. this seats the square rings on the pistons and allows you to check for leaks. the lever should hold pressure.

let me know if you need more help.