Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

2005 kawasaki..electrical tail/brake light keeps blowing

Customer Question

2005 kawasaki 1600 nomad. I have a electrical problem. the fuse to my tail/brake light keeps blowing. It is tied in with my bar light. the only thing i've found was a loose connection at one side of the fuse panel. took the fuse panel off, tightened/crimped the female spade, fuse was tight again. then the fuse started blowingg again. can find anything wrong[breaks,crimps,etc.] in the wireing. any suggestions that can help me out, would really appreciate any help.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Jeff Policky replied 5 years ago.

disconnect the rear tail light at the read tail light connector and reinstall a fuse and see if it blows the fuse.

let me know what you find

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I diconnected the rear taillight, and ran at idle for awhile with the barlight on and off-fuse didn't blow. rode the bike for about 5 mile with the barlight on,and the taillight disconnected and the fuse still good.

the short is in the connector to the tail light. first check for any corrosion in the light sockets and terminals. if no problems are found in the sockets or terminals then you will need to remove the wiring from the rear of the bike to inspect it for any shorts to ground. like cut wires rubbed thought insulation and or green corrosion.

let me know what you find