Terry
Terry, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experiance multi-line tech specializing in H-D. troubleshooting and advanced fuel injection
9367777

Seals..a harley davidson 1340 engine without removing the heads

can valve seals be replaced in a harley davidson 1340 engine without removing the heads
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Terry replied 6 years ago.

Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with your question.

In theory yes they could be changed without removing the heads, the same way you would do them on say a small block chevy with compressed air to keep the valve from dropping into the chamber.

Unfortunately because of the tool needed to install the seals you would not have the clearance with the frame to do this, so the answer is no, you must remove the heads. Also at this the you would want to check the valve guide clearance and see if they are good also.