Christopher
Christopher, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  20 yrs. experience as motorcycle, dirt bike, ATV, UTV and watercraft technician.

The stator on my 2002 polaris sportsman 700 twin..replaceing

Customer Question

i need to replace the stator on my 2002 polaris sportsman 700 twin, where can i find a how to? on removeing and replaceing the stator? Thanks
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Christopher replied 3 years ago.

christopher :

Hello how are you

christopher :

The job of replacing the stator is really quite simple. Its just a matter of unplugging the wires, removing the cover, pulling the flywheel, and unbolting the stator. You will need a puller for the flywheel but other than that the job is pretty straight forward.

christopher :

Here is a link to the parts you will be dealing with.

christopher :

If you have any more questions let me know. Please remember to click on the accept button at the end of this chat, it is the only way i am compensated for my time...Thanks

Customer:

ok, i have the stator ordered, and i just want to make sure i put all wires and connections back to correct way. Along with putting the flywheel back on with out damage.

Customer:

Can you put the list of the parts that goes with this picture

christopher :

Sure can. one moment

Customer:

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX jsut use a rubber mallet to put the flywheel back on?

christopher :

Use the nut.

Customer:

Is there a step by step guide or anything out there to tell you how to remove this?

Customer:

My biggest concern is following the wires

christopher :

In the manual it will guide you but it is not needed. My origional response is the steps in order, it is really that simple. Wires just unplug

Customer:

Alright, i just want to do the job right the first time! Thanks for you time!

christopher :

If you have any more questions or problems let me know

christopher :

You can come back to this chat even after the accept button is clicked

Customer:

Thanks

christopher :

Your welcome

Christopher, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience: 20 yrs. experience as motorcycle, dirt bike, ATV, UTV and watercraft technician.