Richard, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Mechanic & Technician

I have a 2000 FXDWG. How do I open the battery box?

Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

At the rear of the battery box on the right side of the bike, there are two bolts, loosen them. Look behind the battery inside the frame where the seat came off and you'll see a bolt. This is a "jack bolt". Turn this bolt counterclockwise to lower the battery tray, clockwise to raise it. If you remove the jackbolt , the battery is easier removed. Either process works great. I just prefer to remove the " jack bolt ". Thanks. RaceTech Please click accept if this information helps you.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green " ACCEPT " for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click " ACCEPT ". Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck! RaceTech

Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your matter, just put "FOR RaceTech" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.

Thanks. RaceTech ( Motorcycle Expert )

“NOTE: I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.”