Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP

have a general question please are yamaha vino 125 good reliable

have a general question please are yamaha vino 125 good reliable transportation for like up to 50 miles a day and if very well maintained what is the average life expectency of the motor on a vino 125 in miles
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Jeff Policky replied 5 years ago.
that 50 miles will be at a max speed of 35 MPH. if the motor is well serviced it last a very long time. the more often a good service is done the longer the scooter will last. the most thing we see is worn belt as it should be as belts do wear.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
im sorry jeff do you have it confused with the vino classic ? it is not 2 stroke 50cc its a 4 stroke 125 cc it will do 50 max not 35

sorry you are correct I do see more of the 50cc models. Vinos are 4 strokes only the zuma 50cc is a 2 stroke. as far as longevity the 125 is the same as the 50 they keep on going with good maintenance. belts do not need to be replaced as often on the 125 because it has some power and not running full throttle all of the time just to get down the street.

I feel the smaller wheels and suspension are not as safe as a full size motorcycle. are you using the Vino for fuel concerns?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes and i was wondering how manymiles you thnk it will go before and issues with the motor
That is hard to say a maintence plays a key roll in that. the more often oil changes, air filter services are done the longer the motor will last. keeping the oil clean will extend the life of the bike. I would think you could get 50k out of the unit