Eric, Technician
Experience:  MMI grad. 7 years experience in Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, as service manager and tech.

Honda (XR) Dirt Bike I have a Honda 100cc dirt bike - what

I have a Honda 100cc dirt bike - what kind of gas should I put in?
And what oil? Do I have to mix them?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

if this bike has been sitting for that long. it is safe to say that the carb will need cleaned. when gas sits i the carb unused, it plugs up the jetting. so the carb will need disassembled and cleaned thoroughly. after knowing that is good. you can check the oil level on the right hand side of the motor, by the kickstarter. there will be a plastic cap, on the end of that cap is the dipstick. to ensure proper oil level the bike must be stood upright, and the dipstick just placed into the hole without screwing it in. and the oil level must read in the cross hatching area. if you need to add oil. any motorcycle 10w40 oil can be used. there are many brands any any bike dealership that you can use. as long as its designed for motorcycle engines. this is a 4-stroke motor. meaning that no oil needs to be mixed with the gas. this engine doesnt require any special octane. you can use any fuel at the gas stations except for diesel.