Wayne S.
Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced and Licensed Motorcycle Mechanic - all sizes and brands welcome.
10027821

i have a 2000 polaris 325 trail boss quad and i need to know

i have a 2000 polaris 325 trail boss quad and i need to know what the standard messurement (size) for the crankshaft and conecting rod is so i can tell the machine shop and they can rectify it and so i know what size berings i need to get i bought a manual but it didnt tell me that info i guess it is only a service manual so if you can help me with that info i will apreciated thanks

Connecting rod big end side clearance

Std .0039-.0256″ (.1-.65 mm)

Limit .0315″ (.80 mm)

Connecting rod big end radial clearance

Std .0004-.0015″ (.011-.038 mm)

Limit .0020″ (.05 mm)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi, i dont think that is the answer i was expecting you are giving me clearences on conecting rod big end clearence and connecting rod radial clearernce,what i need is the standard size on the crankshaft and conecting rod so i know what over size bering i need to buy and how much the machine shop will remove on the crankshaft and rod side

sorry about that, the Polaris service manual does not give that spec. their manuals are very short on info.

I will opt out so another expert can help you

Edited by Jeff Policky on 2/4/2011 at 3:11 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
the expert jeff policky say he will opt out so another expert can help me because he didnt have the right answer so i will want another expert to answer my question
Hello again by relisting you have knock off my opt out. Now it looks as if I am still working with you. so I will opt out again so the other experts see that I have opted out it may be until tomorrow that some will get back to you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok i am new to this site and i wasnt shure what i needed to do to get the right answer but thanks anyway and i will wait for an answer
ok, if you have any questions in the mean time I will be glad to answer them for you

Here is all the info I could dig up for you:

Polaris 325 Engine:

Crank Journal OD standard 1.6555" (42.05 mm) -- 1.6560"

Connecting Rod: Polaris #3087016
Small end ID = 17.5 mm
Big end ID = 45 mm or 1.7716"
Bearing Clearance: .0007" - .0021" limit .0026

Polaris #3086427 Bearing Shell STD Yellow.

Red = thinnest shell
Yellow
Blue
Green = thickest shell
.005 mm (about .002") increments

Hope this helps you get the engine going again.

---------------------------------
Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience: Experienced and Licensed Motorcycle Mechanic - all sizes and brands welcome.