Christopher
Christopher, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  20 yrs. experience as motorcycle, dirt bike, ATV, UTV and watercraft technician.
5111025

WHY DOES MY 50CC YAMAHA 2005 ZUMA SCOOTER LOSE POWER WHEN I TAKE OFF.

Customer Question

WHY DOES MY 50CC YAMAHA 2005 ZUMA SCOOTER LOSE POWER WHEN I TAKE OFF.ITS DANGEROUS AND EMBARRESING CAN IT BE THROTTLE CABLE OR IS TRANSMISSON OR ENGINE IS TO OLD
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Christopher replied 6 years ago.
What exactly happens when you loose power? Does the engine rev up and you not accelerate? Or does it just not want to go? Some history on the bike would be helpful as well, last service, when did this all start?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
THE BIKE REVS UP AS THOGH IT HAS FULL POWER AND THEN IT SLOWS DOWN..IF I GODOWN AHILL IT ACTS NORMAL,CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO GET TO THE THROTTLE CABLE.ALSO CAN IJUMP START A MOTOR SCOOTER WITH A CAR.
Jump starting your scooter with a car is not recommended, damage can occur due to the difference in battery sizes. Charging it is what i recommend. From what you are describing you have a damaged belt. It will need to be inspected. Also, are you sure you put the oil in the trans and not the belt compartment?