Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., Mechanic
Experience:  15+ Yrs Factory certified technician and business owner.

i have a 2004 arctic cat 650 v2 with a belt light on. nothing

Customer Question

i have a 2004 arctic cat 650 v2 with a belt light on. nothing wrong with belt but replaced it anyway. cant get light to reset. any ideas?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

hello

if that doesnt work, then you will need to check the sensor inside of the belt cover. on the other side of that sensor is a switch that can be tripped. it will need to be in the ON position. if that doesnt work or nothing is found with that either, then you will need to get in contact with you local arctic cat dealership to see if your atv falls under a recall. there was a recall put out that the CDI creates voltage spikes that cause the light to come on.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
with the light on comes a low rev limiter. can i bypass it?
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.
if the issue is the belt switch being tripped yes you can bypass it. but if its from other means. then no. you can bypass the belt switch by splicing its two wires together. the belt reset procedure may need to be done after this as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
nothing wrong with my switch it ohms out fine. i still dont know whats wrong with my atv.
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 3 years ago.
When you jumpered the wires and turned the key on the light should flash rapidly.
You have to wait until that changes to a slow flash before you turn the key off and wait that 10 seconds. Did you do exactly that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it flashes rapidly until i unplug the switch which is what i've been told to do. then it slows right away.wait ten sec.,shut it off plug it all back in.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i figured it out! someone gave me the wrong sequence.unplug the switch b4 turning on the key.
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 3 years ago.
cool
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
lol,u never fixed my problem,I did with a backward sequence I got from FunOutfitters.com. thanks anyway, dan.