Richard, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Mechanic & Technician
41497032

2009 YAMAHA APEX WONT START CANT HEAR FUEL PUMP ENGUAGE WHEN

Customer Question

2009 YAMAHA APEX WONT START CANT HEAR FUEL PUMP ENGUAGE WHEN I TURN KEY WHERE IS THE FUSE
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

RACETECH :

Hello ?

Customer :

hi

RACETECH :

How are you ?

Customer :

Fine, are you familiar with thismodel Yamaha snowmobile?

RACETECH :

Welcome to Just Answer where we diagnose, repair and give excellent suggestions. I will be glad to assist you today. I may have a few question's along to the way to find the culprit of the problem, answering them accurately as possible will allow me to give you the best answer to my knowledge. If at anytime I answer the question along the way to find the problem, please click accept. Please leave positive feedback as I will for you. Before leaving negative feedback try to work it out with the expert. Lets get started.. Ill post the diagram up now.

RACETECH :

Full Size Image

RACETECH :

I have circled the fuse box in red. Let me know if this helps.

Customer :

I've checked all of the fuses and they look good. It doesn't say that there is one for the fuel pump.

RACETECH :

Let me look at the diagrams

RACETECH :

IS the starter or anything coming on ?

Customer :

it turns over fine. you can't hear the fuel guage and pump when you turn the key.

Customer :

i'm sorry, you can't hear the fuel pump engage

RACETECH :

Do you have a hand held multi-meter ?

Customer :

no don't have that but is there a specific fuse for the fuel pump?

RACETECH :

Look at parts 30 amd 31 on the diagram. One of those are going to be the fuel pump relay, lets hope it is lableed.

RACETECH :

Better yet disconnect each and reconnect them and lets see what you get.

Customer :

Can you hold on while I try that?

RACETECH :

Sure will

RACETECH :

Aslo turn the key on and see which doesnt come on.

RACETECH :

Feel those with your hand you should be able to tell which one doesnt click on.

Customer :

He's out working on it. It'll take a few minutes.

Customer :

The only one that does click out of the 4 is the one toward the outside of the snowmobile.

Customer :

I think its 31 that does click

Customer :

Do you still want me to disconnect a couple?

RACETECH :

IM here

RACETECH :

Yes, just disconnect each and reconnect them

Customer :

reconnect every one?

RACETECH :

Yes, since you dont have a meter. Are they labled ?

Customer :

He's going to disconnect, give him a few minutes.

RACETECH :

yep

Customer :

he's still working on it

RACETECH :

ok

Customer :

Disconnected all 4. Turned key, the only one that clicks is #31 and it appears that #30 is a different style than the other three.

Customer :

still there?

Customer :

?

RACETECH :

ok

RACETECH :

Without a meter, this is very hard to determine. Im gonna turn you over to another expert who may have some suggestions for you.

RACETECH :

Please dont respnd until that expert does or it has been longer than 10 minutes.