How do I test a stator on a polaris sportsman(NNN) NNN-NNNNmodel already replaced coil, still getting no fire unpluged ground from kill switch to eliminate that.
Make (other): polaris
Model: sportsman 4x4
replace coil, still not getting fire. unpluged ground from kill switch to eliminate that
Exciter Coils Testing
1. Follow the electrical harness from the alternator to the location where it connects to the CDl unit
2. Disconnect the three-pin electrical connector from the CDI
3. Connect an ohmmeter between the following wires in the three-pin stator connector and compare
the resistance to the specification in Table 1.
a. The red and green terminals.
b. The black/red and green terminals.
4. Replace the stator assembly if the resistance is not as specified.
Alternator Battery Charge Coils Testing
1. Follow the electrical harness from the alternator to the location where it connects to the voltage regulator.
2. Disconnect the two individual yellow and the yellow/red electrical connectors from the voltage
3. Connect an ohmmeter to the wires indicated in Table 1 and note the resistance .
5. Apply dielectric grease to the electrical connectors and reconnect them.... more to follow.....
Alternator Output Test
3. Connect an AC ammeter to the yellow and the yellow/red stator wires leading from the alternator.
4. Shift the transmission into neutral.
Do Not start the engine with the electric starter; as the ammeter will be damaged.
Do Not conduct this test for longer than 10-15 seconds, as the. the alternator windings may overheat.
5. Start the engine with the recoil starter and let idle.
6. The specified amperage is listed in Table 1.
Replace the stator assembly if the amperage is not as specified.
7. Apply dielectric grease to the electrical connectors prior to reconnecting to help seal out moisture.
there is no green wire going to the cdi. only red, red black, white, white red, brown grounded to coil, and black ground to switch, and white blue to coil
Hi, looks like you have an early model 2001 thenlet me get those specs for you
20+ Years in Industry ---------- High Performance Technician -------- All around Enthusiast
Here are the wires that need to be tested.
RED/WHITE AND WHITE: 100 OHMS
ALTERNATOR YELLOW/YELLOW RED: 0.3 OHMS
BLACK/RED TO RED: 17.5 OHMS
ALWAYS +- 20%
TESTING PROCEDURE:BETWEEN ANY YELLOW LEAD AND GROUND:
Will read the following
OPEN CIRCUIT (0L ON DISPLAY)
Please make sure you press accept for the right person please.