Brian D
Brian D, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  35 Years self taught shop owner, mechanic, Dyno tuner, electrical expert

Hi I have the Power commander V installed on my F800GS and

Customer Question

I have the Power commander V installed on my F800GS and recently installed the auto tune as well.
In order to get the auto tune working correctly the secondary air system has to be disabled.
Is the secondary system completely disabled if the electrical wire is removed from the secondary air system changeover valve or is there any more to it like plugging the hose or work to the secondary valves?
Thanks for your help
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Brian D replied 6 years ago.
Johann welcome to just answer. Yes you must cap or plug the hoses so that no air can get through at all. some bikes will through a code if you unplug the control valve if yours does not then you could just remove the entire thing so you are not careering around the extra weight you don't need to. hope this helps. thanks for using just answer. Brian D
Expert:  Brian D replied 6 years ago.
Johann, did you have another question? Just answer is showing you are waiting on me but there is no response from you. If you need more help just ask. Brian D
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Brian

Which hoses and where?

Thanks for your help